Spray Tan Preparation and Aftercare
Spray Tan Preparation
- Shave or wax your legs the night before your tan. Avoid shaving or waxing on the day of service as the skin needs time to calm down after shaving/waxing.
- Small facial waxing is fine same day since the face gets a very light mist
- Brazilian waxing can be done the same day if you plan to wear bikini bottoms when getting sprayed.
- We recommend cleaning the skin with a gentle baby shampoo. Do not use Dove products!
- Dove soap and Dove lotions leave a film on your skin that directly leads to a blotchy application.
- Exfoliate thoroughly to remove dead skin and provide a new, smooth surface for your tan.
- Exfoliating helps to promote even coverage and lengthens the duration of the tan.
- Moisturize extensively before bed.
Day of Spray Tan
- Do not show up with make-up, moisturizer, perfume, or deodorant on. These can act as barriers and affect how even your spray is
- It is recommended that you wear dark, loose-fitting clothing and bring loose-fitting shoes such as flip-flops.
- Solution washes out of most clothing very easily but tends to stain nylon and Lycra materials; therefore, dark-colored underwear is recommended.
- Bring a swimsuit or something to spray in, if you do not want to be nude
Spray Tan Aftercare
- Let your tan set for at least 7-8 hours (overnight if possible) before showering.
- To allow your tan to develop properly, avoid…
- Wearing socks or close-toed shoes for at least five hours.
- Long boots, especially, can make your legs patchy.
- Applying moisturizers or deodorants for at least five hours.
- Wearing tight clothing for at least five hours.
- This includes tighter-fitting jeans, bras, spandex, and tight blouses.
- All swimming, showering, and vigorous exercise for at least five hours.
- Sweating can inhibit the development of your tan.
- Shaving or waxing for 12 hours after your treatment.
Spray Tan Reminders
- When taking a shower or a bath some color washing off is normal. This is the color guide that the spray tan technician uses when the tan is applied. You will be left with a gorgeous tan.
- Moisturize regularly.
- Avoid long hot baths, showers, swimming pools, hot tubs, and saltwater as they speed up fading.
- Pat the skin dry after a bath or shower. Rubbing skin may rub off tan.
- When shaving, ensure the use of a new or non-dulled razor blade.